- You're completely out of touch when you're the only person in the room who's never heard of Angela Carter.
- Nobody under the age of 21 knows how to spell or put a grammatically correct sentence together. A lot of people over the age of 21 don't know, either - especially lecturers.
- You're really old if you DON'T think Jane Eyre caved in to patriarchal norms and abandoned her 'goal' of attaining some version of feminist independence when she married Rochester.
- There's a hell of a lot more sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll in C18th-19th poetry than high school English lessons led me to believe.
- Advertising is pretty cool.
- Advertising is the spawn of Satan.
- Sorry, somebody has already written about that.
- Some people actually think that Roger Moore is the best Bond.
Monday, September 8, 2014
To commemorate the start of my third year as a mature student at university, here's a summary of what I have learned so far: